Post Doc- Visiting Research Scholar
Auburn University, Department of Pharmacal Sciences, Harrison School of Pharmacy, Auburn, AL 36849, USA June 2012- Present
- Developed micellar nanoparticle emulsion based industrial product development in GLP lab for commercialization.
- Conducted skin permeation studies using Franz diffusion cells and drug release profile studies from developed formulation.
- HPLC method validation and analysis of formulation assays and stability.
- Wrote stability and analytical protocols and follow it for dossier preparation.
Post Doc- Visiting Research Associate
University of Colorado- Anschutz Medical Campus, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Aurora, CO 80045, USA June 2011- May 2012
- Developed ocular drug delivery systems i.e. solid lipid nanoparticles, polymeric nanoparticles.
- Performed ocular preclinical studies on rats for evaluation of developed formulation systems.
- Studied toxicology effects of nanoparticles in posterior segment of rat eye by ERG and histology.
Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
Council of Scientific and Industrial research, Govt. of India April 2009 –June 2011
- Developed ocular drug delivery systems i.e. hydrogels, in situ gels, nanoparticles etc.
- Determined the bioavailability of drugs in aqueous humour samples using UPLC.
- Radiolabelling of levofloxacin and sparfloxacin with Tc-99m and study the ocular retention of formulations by gamma scintigraphy.
- Performed corneal permeation behavior of developed formulation using franz diffusion cells.
- Performed ocular irritation studies using draize test, HET CAM test, IR camera and histology.
- Wrote project proposal for Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Govt. of India for grant award.
Shriram Institute for Industrial Research, Delhi, India Aug 2007 – April 2008
- Assisted in DST, Govt. of India projects on biomedical applications i.e. absorbent and contact lens.
- Prepared project proposals and presentations for DRDO (Govt. of India) and other funding agencies.
Lecturer in BIT, Meerut, India
UP Technical University, Lucknow, India Jun 2006 – Aug 2007
- Taught, supervised pharmaceutics and hospital pharmacy class and research projects.
- Graded lab reports, as well as proctored and graded their theory exams.
- Prepared theory examination papers and held as examiner for evaluations in University final semester examinations.
Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS), DRDO, Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India, India
Research student Dec 2005 – May 2006
- Learned techniques to radiolabel drug molecules with Tc99m and carried out preclinical studies on rabbits by gamma camera.
- Formulated in situ gel based ocular formulations and evaluated it (in vitro and in vivo)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi, India
Research student April 2006 – June 2006
- Formulated in situ gel ocular formulations and evaluated it (in vitro and in vivo)
- Performed HET-CAM technique and transcorneal permeation studies through goat corneas
Unichem Laboratories, Ghaziabad, India. June 2003- Jul 2003
Trainee Production Pharmacist
- Assisted in the production of conventional solid and parenteral pharmaceutical formulations
- Quality assurance and quality control of drug formulations.
Hindu Rao Hospital, Delhi India,
Dispensing Pharmacist June 2001 – Aug 2001
- Dispensing drugs, quality control